9 October 2019|
13. WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS FOR BEING ABLE TO JOIN HOSPI SAFE?
You must be in active service in one of the European Institutions or Agencies (and a member of AFILIATYS), covered by the JSIS or have been covered by it.
Members of AFILIATYS can therefore join as the main member of HOSPI SAFE, as long as they are covered by the JSIS or benefit from an equivalent cover.
Other family members who can be covered through the main member:
- The spouse/recognised partner of the main member
- Their dependent children or other recognised dependent person (including adopted children), up to age 26
- The beneficiaries of a survivor’s pension (widow/er, orphans) as long as the deceased person was a main member of HOSPI SAFE, on condition they can provide proof of partial reimbursement by the JSIS or by their own national health scheme
This insurance is valid for life.
- It is not possible to join once you have retired