COMPLEMENTARY HEALTH INSURANCE TO THE JSIS : UPDATE FROM AFILIATYS
Information has recently appeared in various networks, refuelling confusion as to the coverage of our members by HOSPI SAFE, the complementary health insurance to the JSIS, agreed between AFILIATYS and ALLIANZ CARE after a call for tenders (which was required after more than half a century of automatic renewal).
As many worried messages have been sent to us, a new update from AFILIATYS is essential to reassure our members, especially our retired members.
AFILIATYS informs you that:
– HOSPI SAFE (to be distinguished from HOSPI SAFE PLUS which offers other services) is currently not only the most advantageous supplementary insurance to the JSIS on the market but:
– does not have any deductible (except reimbursement of rehabilitation costs at 20% and a reimbursement ceiling of € 25,000 outside the EEA)
– the premiums are set for 10 years (excluding change of age bracket – which does not concern the majority of pensioners as they are blocked from age 61, excluding annual indexation based on the Eurostat index, which is common to all insurance policies, and a possible technical revision at the end of the 5th year, in agreement with AFILIATYS). The annual hospitalization premium from age 61 is €243 or €178 depending on the option chosen (accident/sickness or sickness cover only). Note that most other insurance policies provide for the possibility of an annual adjustment without consultation on the basis of economic profitability based on the previous year. Their stability is therefore not guaranteed. AFILIATYS advises its members to ensure the stability of the premiums offered and the conditions for their possible adaptation.
– for our active colleagues a medical questionnaire is no longer required (except if subscribed during the 6 months prior to retirement)
Members previously covered by the contract insured by Allianz Belgium (managed by Cigna), continue with HOSPI SAFE to benefit from this coverage UNDER THE SAME CONDITIONS AND MODALITIES as before January 1, 2020.
We are currently resolving problems that some members may have encountered regarding the reimbursement of certain costs (in particular those related to Chapter 8 of the GIP, namely, among others, the costs of physiotherapy and osteopathy – which only concern HOSPI SAFE PLUS policyholders). An annex to the contract should be signed soon and corrections will be made immediately by ALLIANZ CARE. Our members will be informed immediately.
The claim for reimbursement form has been drastically revised, simplified and limited to the strict minimum. Please note that ONLY the JSIS account sheet is required for the reimbursement of costs: therefore, no invoice whatsoever should be attached, except for certain marginal costs not taken into account by the JSIS and only concerning HOSPI SAFE PLUS cover.
ALLIANZ CARE has formally confirmed to AFILIATYS that:
If these members have maintained their coverage with Cigna for 2020, they are invited to approach their services before the renewal date of their current coverage, in order to allow them to join the HOSPI SAFE plan negotiated by AFILIATYS from January 1, 2021.
– Either by phone at: 0800 70 528 (free from Belgium)
– Or by email to the address: email@example.com